A shuttle for my loom

For the looms, I’ve built (see here) I still needed some real shuttles. Until now we were using one made out of cardboard. But these were not working good as there was no place to store the yarn.

Shaping the shuttle
Shaping the shuttle
The raw shape
The raw shape
The finished shuttles
The finished shuttles

So it was finally time to replace these. The project is an easy one an does not take so much time. But when you use the wrong type of wood, then you need to do the work multiple times. One of the shuttles broke in the middle while sanding it. And on both shuttles, I broke at least one of the ends off.

But after some careful shaping and sanding, I finally got two shuttles. And they also work great!