As my daughter is always using my tape dispenser, I decided it’s finally time, that she gets her own.
I created it out of some reclaimed palette wood I recently got. Before resawing it, I added all the holes and the overall shape out of the piece of wood. This gave me two identical sided, which get connected by two short dowels. The dowels are only glued to one side, allowing the other part to be taken of to add the tape.
Unfortunately, a part of one side broke off while sanding, but I decided to leave it off as it would be unstable anyway. The region was way to thin to be stable with this type of wood.
I’ve searched for a way to get the knife without buying a finished tape dispenser. But I was not able to find anything. So I bought, one separately and used the blade from there. To finish the project, I’ve added two coats of spray finish onto the wood, which I needed to redo due to a storm which blew the parts way while drying :-( But luckily the parts survived, and I only needed to resand and finish them.